LUXEXCEL | Uses Cases: Fresnel lenses
AUTOMOTIVE FRESNEL LENSES FOR LIGHTING:
The Fresnel lens is used in automotive rear lamps. It concentrates LED light into a square intensity field, as described in the ECE regulations of signal light functions.
With printing technology the lens does not need to be rotationally symmetric which is a big advantage for styling and optimising the intensity for the two axes of emission.
OPTIS OSD Solutions allow you to calculate Fresnel lens optics within seconds, then collimating a lambertian LED emission into a collimated beam with predefined opening angle.
3D printed Test sample:
Process to apply
- Access OPTIS OSD (or other SPEOS function) to calculate the lens shape
In OSD function : Input parameters are LED position, position of the optics, angular intensity
- Automatically calculate the Fresnel lens steps
- Apply the Luxexcel’s Material to the CAD:
Download it from here
Reference Type Tech sheet Download Link LUX Opticlear Material Download
- Conduct simulation
- Cut the template pillow Optics (for example quadratic) with CAD to free form borders, for example quadratic, elliptic, …
- Export the result to STEP
- Transfer this STEP file to Luxexcel by clicking here to upload your file to print it in 3D
- Do not forget your Discount code: 7yoptis-luxexcel09
|Reference||Type||Tech sheet||Download Link|
Use this discount code to receive a 4% discount on your order when requesting a quote at Luxexcel.com
Discount code: 7yoptis-luxexcel09