LUXEXCEL | Uses Cases: Pillow lenses
AUTOMOTIVE PILLOW LENSES FOR LIGHTING:
Automotive pillow lenses are used to ideally diffuse the light from roof to a reader in a car.
In an automotive interior: you need to be able to light a standard sized page in front of the steering wheel with the reading lamp.
To achieve this, each pillow lens needs to have different parameters for its curvature radius and inclination angle. Such complex pillows can be easily achieved with printing technology.
OPTIS OSD Solutions allow you to calculate Pillow lens optics within seconds, then transfer a rotational LED emission into a quadratic lighting field for example.
3D printed Test sample:
Process to apply
- Download the following CAD demo(9Mo) (you need to login with your customer account)
- Unzip and Apply the Luxexcel's Material to the CAD:
Downolad it from here
Reference Type Tech sheet Download Link LUX Opticlear Material Download
- Apply it to the CAD
- Access OPTIS OSD (or other SPEOS function) to calculate the lens shape
a. In OSD function : Input parameters are LED position, position of the optics, aiming geometry and size
b. The maximum angle of walls acceptable for impression is 87°. You must take this constraint into account when constructing the CAD model
- Automatically calculate the pillows (each pillow has a different geometry)
- Conduct simulation
- Cut the template pillow Optics (for example quadratic) with CAD to free form borders
- Export the result to STEP
- Transfer this STEP file to Luxexcel by clicking here to upload your file to print it in 3D
- Do not forget your Discount code: 7yoptis-luxexcel09
Use this discount code to receive a 4% discount on your order when requesting a quote at Luxexcel.com
Discount code: 7yoptis-luxexcel09